Wednesday, September 21, 2005

One Fine Day

Today rocked. I never really slowed down from the time I got up until I sat down to write this post, but that's ok. It actually started last night. I had the best dreams. They were really damn good and way too realistic, but trust me, I'm not complaining. Today my day started with kinky text messages from this really hot guy I know. It made my morning commute very interesting and honestly made it hard for me to concentrate on my driving, but damn did it start the day off right ;) Every day should start off that well. Traffic wasn't horrific and I actually got to work early. Things were busy, busy, busy all day. The one sorta lull we had was around 3:00 and just as I was about to run grab a quick bite to eat, my boy Adam walked in the door. I'll take him over lunch any day... actually I'd like to just have him for lunch... wait, let's not go there. I'm horny enough as it is and thinking like that will only get me into all kinds of trouble, but damn he looked good today... So anywho.... we talked for like 45 minutes and things went just swimmingly. But you know what? I'm not going to post the details. I really like this guy and I'm not going to fuck it up by saying something that might jinx it... Suffice it to say that an earthquake could have levelled half the city tonight and I would have surveyed the damage with a smile on my face. Which is a good thing because if I hadn't been in a deliriously good mood, the last few hours of my day would have sucked. My last rep leaves at 6:00 which puts me working up front alone for the last hour. Well, tonight we got slammed for that last hour. Even all the lab people had left for the night by the time I got finished up and they are usually there a lot later than I am. It was after 8:00 by the time I got done writing up the last of the day's orders and got everything locked up. Still not caring. How stupid is it that conversations with 2 guys can put me on Cloud 9 for an entire day that by all accounts should have sucked? Maybe I just really needed to find a silver lining in everything today. The week was potentially headed in a dismal direction and my subconscious decided that maybe it shouldn't go that way. Woo Hoo! for that. Is it too much to hope that tomorrow is even better? What the hell. Call me greedy, but I'm going to hope for just that...

"Hope is a good thing - maybe the best thing - and no good thing ever dies." -- Stephen King - "Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption"

No comments: