Monday, September 12, 2005

Darkness Falls

Another bizarro day here in LA. This one instigated by some LADWP worker who wasn't paying attention to what he was doing and cut a line he shouldn't have cut and knocked out power to half the damn city. Initial reports were that the city was under attack, but such was not the case. Nope, it seems we Angelenos are perfectly capable of fucking things up all on our own without any help from the outside. Things were nuts for a couple of hours. Traffic lights weren't working which made driving a free-for-all. People got trapped in elevators. The news helicopters were out in force so to look up in the sky you would have thought we were being invaded. It was just an all around crazy kinda day. The power was back on by like 3:00 but you wouldn't have known it because when I left work at 7:15, traffic in Hollywood was still a nightmare. It was like people got stuck and couldn't find their way back out or something. It literally took me 45 minutes to go the like 4 blocks to the freeway. Once I got on the 101 things were fine, it was just getting there that was the problem. Never a dull moment around these parts... Still, in spite of all the blackout silliness I have to say it was a pretty good day. I talked to Adam twice. (I really need to come up with a blog nick for him.) That brightened my day a lot more than it should have, but I don't care what anybody thinks. I'm really starting to dig this guy. He hasn't asked me out yet, but I'm really hoping he does. He seems like he'd be a lot of fun to go out with. He's way prettier than me, but then most of the guys in this town are, so I'm just going to have to learn to live with that, but you know what? I think I can handle it :) Adam is of course an actor. All the guys I meet these days seem to be. He called me from a film set today and has a TV show he's going to work on tomorrow. Me and my damn actors. Well, at least most of them are creative and fun... In other "biz" news, I have 2 friends who got big roles this past week. Yay for them! One is a girl who works for me and she actually got leads in 2 upcoming films. The other is a guy I know who just signed for a recurring role on an NBC mid-season replacement show called, "Thick and Thin." I'm very proud of him. I have no idea what the show is about, but for his sake I hope it does well... So that's my West Coast report for this lovely Monday. I soooo can't wait to see what happens tomorrow....

"Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today." -- Mark Twain

No comments: