Wednesday, August 03, 2005

William The Bloody

Some days I love being me. Today was a good day. I didn't see my Iceman, but he did call to say he wasn't coming by to get his prints because he had a second call back for a TV show gig. At least he called and hopefully his audition went well... I spent a large portion of my day dealing with "the James Marsters problem." For those of you who are not total genre geeks, James Marsters is the actor who played "Spike' on Buffy and Angel. We're supposed to be printing some new publicity shots for him, but due to a series of errors we didn't have the correct files to print. So I spent the morning talking to James' manager and trying to get everything straightened out. We finally got the correct files and his manager was thrilled. He told me James would come by this afternoon to approve the finals before we went to print. Which he did. He walked in like he owned the place and asked for me. One of my reps came and found me in the back and told me there was some scary guy up front asking for me. (I've been in this job less than 2 weeks and already I have people asking for me by name. I'm feeling pretty good about myself right now.) For a second I was sure it was going to be HWMNBN, but lucky me, it was just James. Who is a total sweetie. He just looks intimidating when he struts in clad in leather on a sunny LA afternoon. He thinks he's a rock star or something. So anyway, James and I went over the shots and he approved them all and everthing was just ducky. He thinks I walk on water and was very pleased that I got his order straightened out. We talked about his band a bit and what he's working on now. Turns out he's going to be joining the "Smallville" cast this season. He's going to be playing "Brainiac." I've always liked James so I couldn't be happier that he's joining the show. They desperately need to breathe some new life into that series. Aside from Lex's story line, last year was just bad. At least now I'll have a character to be interested in besides Lex. James says the show is a lot of fun to work on and the cast is really great. I can just imagine him and Rosenbaum on set together. The two of them are nuts... So yeah, today fucking rocked. Let's hope tomorrow is equally as good. Hopefully I'll at least get to see my Iceman if nothing else...

"I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it." -- James Marsters - "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

No comments: