Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The Pretty People

Sorry for not posting yesterday. I was just way too tired to do anything by the time I got home from work. I'm going to be crazy busy at this new job and we're in a slow period right now. Things apparently really pick up mid-August and are then nuts through the end of October. Well, at least the days will go by quickly. I really dig my new job though. There's a lot of information to try to absorb, but the people I work with are great. Fortunately I have a photography background. I'd be fucked if I was starting from ground zero in this job. There is also something to be said for having cute actors flirt with you all day... and if there's one thing the actors in this town seem to be good at, it's flirting. Most of them don't have any real talent, but still, they're pretty to look at, and it's always nice to have a pretty guy tell you how nice you look... I'm not fooled though. The guys in this town are as fake as the sets on the studio back lots. They will tell you anything you want to hear if they think it'll get them something. There doesn't seem to be any real depth to any of them that I've met so far. But at least they make the day more interesting. I talked to one guy on the phone today who really turned on the charm. It was like he just couldn't help it. I had the advantage in that I was looking at his headshot at the time and so I knew he was yummy. He didn't have a fucking clue what I look like. He found himself talking to a girl and so he just slipped into that "mode." He's coming in tomorrow to pick up his pictures. I'm kinda looking forward to seeing him in person. Ah, the weird little perks of my new job. As busy as it is, I still have to say it doesn't suck to be me right now :)

"No, no, you've always had that wrong about me. I really am this shallow." -- Hugh Grant - "About A Boy"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you got to watch out for those actors Ang. they're bad news. glad to hear the job is going well though. work here has sucked the past few days.