Saturday, July 30, 2005

The Eyes Have It

As predicted, work was busy yesterday. The day went by quickly and I finally feel I'm getting a handle on what it is I'm supposed to be doing. I hate that feeling of "lostness" that comes at the start of a new job. I did meet this really cool guy yesterday. You know how sometimes when you meet someone you just "click" with them? It doesn't happen to me very often, but with this guy there was just this "vibe." He was good-looking, but not in that traditional, Solo-Flex body, square-jawed, Hollywood kinda way. I think mostly it was those arresting, ice-blue eyes... but anyway, I talked with him quite a bit and we went over what he's putting on his new headshots (yes, of course he's an actor) and I was just really drawn to him. I'd write it off to me just being horny, but I don't think that was it. I don't know. I'm just speculating. He just kept grinning at me in this really endearing way that made it really hard to concentrate. Not that it really matters. I'm looking forward to Tuesday when he comes back to approve his test prints, but it's not like I'm going to go out with him or anything. At this point I think it would take a pretty amazing guy to make me even consider getting back into the dating game. It's just not worth it. Besides, I don't know where I would find the time to go out right now anyway... That's it for today. I have a wedding to go to this afternoon. Fun. Fun. Fun.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed." -- Albert Einstein

No comments: