Thursday, March 17, 2005

Wishing I Was Sinning

Not a lot to report this morning except to say that I’m really annoyed that I’m here at work and not at the screening of “Sin City.” I checked my e-mail at like 10:30 last night and had nothing from the guy I was hoping to get passes from. So I got up this morning, came in to work, checked my e-mail and sure enough at 10:50 last night I got an email saying he was putting my name on the list to get into the screening. Dammit. The screening is at 10AM. I would have had to call out sick again (which I would have been more than happy to do) except that by this point I was already at work and obviously not sick. Grrrrr. Arg. Oh well. I suppose it won’t kill me to wait a couple more days to see it… My impromptu day off yesterday was great. I didn’t do much of anything; which is just what I needed. I did get my resume updated and sent out for the jobs I’m applying for. Everyone cross their fingers and toes that I at least get interviews for some of them. For those of you familiar with Jimi Hendrix’s song, “All Along The Watchtower,” the opening lines of that song has been echoing through my head for weeks now. (“‘There must be some kinda way outta here,’ said the joker to the thief. ‘There’s too much confusion here. I can’t get no relief...’”) That’s my state of mind right now. Good song though. I don’t mind having that one stuck in my head… I hung out with the family last night. My brother and sister are in town so the whole lot of us got together for dinner at my mom’s. I had not seen my nephews since Thanksgiving. Ethan (the 18 mo old) is becoming a little terror. He is the polar opposite of his mild-mannered 4-year-old brother, Bennett, who is the sweetest kid you could ever meet. It’s really funny to watch them interact. It was great having everyone together even if it was only for a couple of hours. My sister, Shannon is one of my best friends. I don’t get to see her nearly as much as I’d like. Chatting on AIM just isn’t the same as actually getting a chance to hang out together and talk, ya know? My family is nuts, but I love them… Well, I actually have work to accomplish today, especially since I’m jetting off to Seattle this weekend and won’t be back at work until Tuesday, so I guess I should get to it. I've been fucking around for the 2 hours I've been here already and can't really put it off any longer. I’m not all that motivated to do any of it, but since I’m not looking to actually get fired today, I guess I need to do it anyway...

“Dream as if you’ll live forever, and live as if you’ll die tomorrow.” – James Dean

No comments: