Friday, March 25, 2005

Going To The Chapel

Two of my best friends are getting married this weekend. Clare and Erich have been together for several years now and they're just the greatest couple. I'm so happy for them. Marriage is not for everyone - and probably not for me - but they're going to be great and live happily ever after, just like in the faerie tales. I can just feel it... Anyway, last night was Clare's bachlorette party. It was not a go to a strip club, drink till you can't walk, kind of affair. Which was good. (After the day I had at work yesterday I really wanted to just getting fucking hammered and this gave me an excuse not to do that. As much fun as drowning my troubles can be, I need to stop doing it.) So, we all went to "Wired and Fired" and made pottery pieces for the happy couple to put in their new apartment. It was a lot of fun and gave me a creative outlet to focus my frustrations on. After pottery we headed out for a late dinner at THE place to be seen here in Atlanta. "Two. Urban Licks." I'd been wanting to try this restaurant out since it opened like 8 months ago. The buzz about it has been great. It's very trendy and has a New York kind of vibe to it. The reason to go is for the atmosphere. There is bizarre art on the walls and it's edgy and kind of Goth. The food was good, but not as good as I expected. Until dessert. I had a chocolate cream pie to die for. I wanted to bring it home, spread it all over a really hot guy, and spend the rest of the night licking it off of him. I mean DAMN... We spent like 3 hours at dinner and a good time was had by all. I took today off to recover, but since all I had to drink was an apple mojito and a little bit of wine, there is nothing to recover from. So I just get a free day off from work. Which I need after yesterday. Spending today sitting next to my boss would not have been a good thing for me. It would probably not have been good for her either. I don't hate many people in this world. She is slowly but surely making her way onto that list. They are soooo going to miss me when I'm gone :)

"Only choose in marriage a woman whom you would choose as a friend if she were a man" -- Joseph Joubert

No comments: