Monday, March 28, 2005

Curse of the Werewolf

As promised, I went and saw the movie “Cursed” this weekend. I love werewolf stories so I keep hoping that someone will make the next great werewolf movie. Sadly, this was not it. I had not heard good things about this movie so I wasn’t expecting much. In that respect I was not disappointed. It was not horrible, but it will definitely not go down in the books as a horror classic. I don’t see myself buying this one on DVD even though Michael Rosenbaum is in it. He’s awesome in the handful of scenes that he has, but he’s not in it nearly enough. (If you want to watch Michael in a horror film, go rent “Urban Legend.” He’s great in that movie and has a lot more screen time.) I generally like Christina Ricci, but this was not one of the highlights of her career. She was ok, but the script was weak so she really didn’t have much to work with. The story had potential, but in the end it didn’t deliver. It turned out to just be a typical, predictable, teenage slasher flick.

"Midnight, and the clock strikes. It is Christmas Day, the werewolves birthday, the door of the solstice still wide enough open to let them all slink through." -- Angela Carter

No comments: