Sunday, February 06, 2005

Zombies, Skeletons, and Rats, Oh My!

I swear not all my posts this week will be about Ever Quest II, but OMG! I LOVE this fucking game! EQ1 was good, but until I started EQ2 this weekend, I didn't realize just how much they could improve upon the original. I spent like 3 hours playing on Friday night, at least 6 hours on Saturday, and several more hours today. It's an illness. Really it is. I recognize that. Still, it's just soooo much fun. I've got my character almost up to Level 10. I really just want to stay home from work tomorrow and play. Unfortunately, that's not really an option :P
So, I'm really digging my new computer. It's super fast. The video card has an S-Video port so I thought I could just run my new machine off my TV. In theory that was a brilliant idea. In execution it didn't work out quite so well. My game looked awesome on the big screen, except for the fact that I couldn't read any text. That's a problem. My only other option was to hook up my old 15" monitor. That sucked too. All the great graphics in EQ2 are wasted on a monitor that small. So on Saturday I dragged Lindy up to Fry's to help me pick out a new monitor. (So much for my New Year's resoultions about not spending money and not being impulsive.) I ended up with a nifty Sony 19" flat panel. It's so pretty :D (Have I mentioned that I'm easily distracted by bright, shiny objects?) All-in-all it's been a good weekend. Probably very boring in most people's books, but then, as most of you know by now, I'm not most people.

"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over." -- Hunter S. Thompson

No comments: