Monday, February 07, 2005

To Travel A Colorful Road

Once, as I walked along the road,

the rain fell in multicolor,

painting me with feelings

that unbelonged to me.

But, I found that by possessing them

for a short time,

I could make the rain fall faster.

So I did.

The water-colors wet me, and I turned Pink,

but Pink made me sleepy,

and turned my eyes to glass

- thus making sight difficult -

I lost my balance, twisting my ankle.

But the road went on,

so I thought I should do the same.

After all, I was now Blue.

It was fun being Blue,

so I dodged other raindrops

that threatened to change me.

I stayed Blue for many miles.

But then I saw something by the side of the road,

and forgot to care about my color.

When I turned Brown, the object became clear.

It was a shed snakeskin.

To the touch it was itchy and inviting

And I could almost feel myself slither

out of my own flesh

and lie down beside the useless skin.

But I didn’t.

That was something Brown would do.

Green, however, made me wish I were the snake,

who had gone on and had better things to do.

Green did to go on and Yellow and yearning

fuzzily approached me together,

but saw I was not much interested in them

and went on their way.

When Red came dancing,

the picture came clear once again.

I saw a child in a field close to my road,

and in the rain the child was dry.

With curious thoughts I went closer.

He was stone.

But then, so was I, as I had turned Purple.

Purple was nice, but like Pink, sleepy.

The house on my right leaned over

and whispered to me

that the rain was ending.

So, being me, I walked back down the road.

The rain didn’t end, but followed me all the way,

painting me with feelings

that unbelonged to me.

But, I found that by possessing them

for a short time,

I could make myself

TRANSPARENT.


I hadn't posted any poetry in awhile, and this is one of the few that I've written that isn't horribly fucking dark, so I thought I'd share. Enjoy :)

No comments: