Tuesday, February 22, 2005

No Vegetarians Allowed

I am definitely in cattle country. Texas is probably worse, but there are a lot of fucking cows in Oklahoma. You can't walk into a restuarant here without finding beef on the menu. Beef, beef, and more beef. You drive down the street and every other place is a steakhouse. I don't think vegetarians are allowed to cross the state line. We had barbeque for lunch and it nearly put me in a coma. Afterwards I just wanted to come back to the hotel and take a nap. It was damn good barbeque though. So that's it. Lunch was the excitement around here today... Everyone in Bartlesville is very friendly. They all like to chit-chat and I am not what you would call a stellar conversationalist. Small talk is not my thing. Hell, my friends have a hard enough time dragging sentences out of me. Sitting around talking to a bunch of strangers all day is just not one of my favorite things to do... To top it all off, I have to dress up while I'm here. My feet were fucking killing me from having to walk around in my boots all day. Still, the "Die Hard" tip of making "fists with your toes" really does work so at least my feet are happier now :) Sorry for the boring post. I just have nothing exciting to report. There is a fairly good gym here at the hotel so maybe I'll go work lunch off or something. They even have an indoor pool. If I'd known that I would have brought my suit. I don't think Bartlesville is quite ready to have me skinny-dipping ;) Also on the plus side, it's Central time here in OK so at least "Scrubs" will be on at 8:00 and then I can go to bed. Hopefully tomorrow will go by quickly...

"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." -- Ansel Adams

No comments: