Monday, January 24, 2005

You're Among the Little People Now

2005 is turning out to be the year of the baby. I found out yesterday that I’m going to be an aunt again. My brother and his wife are expecting a new little person in August. This is in addition to the fact that my step-mom is due to have twins like any day now. It was weird enough when my ½ sister was born 2 years ago. I have a niece who is 6 and so that makes her 4 years older than her aunt, and she’ll be almost 7 years older than her 2 new uncles. How fucked up is that? I’m thrilled for my brother and sister-in-law. If for no other reason, the pressure is once again off of me to give my mom another grand-child. (One day she’ll figure out that’s soooo not happening. Nothing against kids. I like being an aunt. I just don’t think I need any kids of my own to screw up.) Not quite sure what my dad and step-mom are thinking. Granted, my step-mom is only like 18 months older than I am, so her having kids is not that odd. My dad on the other hand will be in his mid-70’s when these kids graduate from high school. My family is so very odd sometimes…

“When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies" – J.M. Barrie

No comments: