Friday, January 07, 2005

Passion

The quote below is from Angel when he was still on "Buffy." It's a great quote. I originally had a much different post written to go with it. I had some fucked up dreams last night that woke me up and so I found myself writing at about 3AM. At that time of the morning, musings on deep-rooted fantasies, dark passions, and hidden desires make a hell of a lot of sense. It was a good post, but by the harsh light of day I realized that it said things I'm not willing to share and went places that I just don't want to go right now. As I think I mentioned in a previous post this week, you people already know way too fucking much about me as it is. I know that's kinda cryptic and will probably set people to wondering what the fuck could possibly have been in that other post. (But as the Dread Pirate Roberts once said, "Get used to disappointment.")

Maybe I'll put it up at a later date. We'll see. Today is just not the day. So in the meantime, enjoy some Wedon-esque wisdom and revel in the fact that it's
finally Friday.

"Passion. It lies in all of us. Waiting. And though unwanted, it will stir, open its jaws and howl. It speaks to us, guides us. Passion rules us all... and we obey.
What other choice do we have?

Passion is the source of our finest moments. The clarity of hate and the ecstasy of grief. It hurts sometimes more than we can bear. If we could live without passion maybe we would know some kind of peace, but we would be hollow, empty rooms. Shuttered and dank. Without passion we'd be truly dead." -- David Boreanaz - "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

No comments: