Saturday, January 29, 2005

The Iceman Cometh

My last couple of posts have been kinda heavy, so let's talk about something inconsequential. The big story around here is the ice. A major storm roared into the ATL on Friday night and encased the city in about 3/4 of an inch of ice. It looked liked everything was made of glass. It was kinda pretty, but it sure made getting around a pain in the ass. I braved the roadways briefly on Saturday afternoon and almost regretted it. GA-400 in particular was a fucking nightmare. Good thing I drive a big ass truck. People tend to stay out of my way. It's like they just sense that I can do a hell of a lot more damage to them then they could ever do to me. It's sorta a powertrip kinda thing for me :) It was definitely not a good day to be out on the streets. Someone in my apartment building found that out the hard way. There is this retaining wall at the front of our parking lot. It's only about 2 feel high, but it still must suck to drive your car off of it. I got back to my apartment and there was a Ford Taurus that had slid across the parking lot and was suspended 1/2 way over the wall. It's still there. I'm guessing they'll have to have a tow truck come pull it off the ledge. This city is not equipped to deal with winter properly. It basically just shuts down. Nothing much to do when the weather gets like this. Just sit home, watch some movies, maybe play some EQ, and try to keep warm. Actually, I plan to spend the rest of the night curled up in bed with Roland, questing for the Dark Tower. In my world, that's never a bad way to spend an evening. Enjoy your Sunday. If we're very lucky it will last forever and Monday will never get here...

"You know? This whole ice age thing is getting old. You know what I could go for? A global warming." -- John Leguizamo - "Ice Age"

No comments: