Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Coffee Shop of Horrors

I'm really at a loss for anything to post today. It's a Wednesday the first week in January. What the fuck is there that could possibly be blog worthy? There aren't even any major movies opening this weekend. "White Noise" and that's it. I like Michael Keaton but I'm not sure about this movie. "Elektra" is next week. (My passes better be in the fucking mail, Nick!) I guess I could talk about my favorite drug. Caffeine. Mmmmm. Coffee. Don't remember if I've mentioned it before, but there's this great little coffee shop up in Gainesville, GA near my lake house. It's called The Coffee Shop of Horrors. It's a horror-themed coffee house. It's like they built this place just for me. On top of being a very novel concept, their coffee fucking rocks! The blends have great names like "Burial Grounds," "Zombie Dirt," and "Graveyard Shift." The first time I tried their coffee, the guy asked me what kind of coffee I liked and I said something dark with as much caffeine as they could pump into it. Well, I got what I asked for. He gave me something called "Re-Animator" and I was awake for 3 days. I'm not kidding. I think they must mix it with cocaine or something. Right now I'm into "Papua New Guinea" and "Shrieking Toad." Both good coffees that are not nearly as time-altering as "Re-Animator." So if you're into the caffeine trip like I am, go check out their website. Or if you happen to be up the Gainesville way for some reason, drop by the shop. They're right on the square downtown. It's an interesting place to drink some damn good coffee.

"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons." - T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

No comments: