Monday, November 08, 2004

The Incredible Sunset

My movie watching was much less ambitious this past weekend in comparison to the weekend before. I only got 2 movies seen, but they were both worth seeing, and one is destined to be a classic. So, without any ado at all here are some thoughts on them:

Friday night I saw "The Incredibles." I can't even begin to say how much I loved this movie. It may very well be my favorite of all the Pixar films, and that's saying something. I'm not ready to give it that #1 spot just yet, but it might end up there. I need to see it again. Of all the Pixar films to date, this one is the most geared towards adults, or at the very least, older kids. It's not that it's scary or anything, its just more character driven. Coming from a die-hard comic book fan, this is a great film. It pays tribute to all the comic greats and there's a whole running joke about real superheroes not wearing capes that is hysterical. There's also the typical Pixar references to great movies of the past. If you don't get the nod to "Return of the Jedi" then you are not a "Star Wars" fan. Everyone on the planet should go see this film. It just rocks. Enough said :)

Saturday there was a screening of "After the Sunset." It was good for a hiest film. Sort of "The Thomas Crown Affair" meets "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" is probably the best way to describe it. Lots of good twists and turns and it was not totally predicatable. Pierce Brosnan did a good job and was charming as usual. It was just a fun movie. Nothing too spectacular, but definitely worth checking out.

There's a screening of "Finding Neverland" on Wed night. I can't wait. I'm really looking forward to this movie. Woo Hoo, Johnny Depp!

No comments: