Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat

YAWN.... so I'm stuck in this training class all week. I helped write a large portion of this courseware and yet here I am sitting in on the class. Technically, I'm here as an "observer." Some of the discussions have actually been productive, but others not so much. (Think of Prometheus having his liver eaten day after day only to have it regenerated and you'll get some idea of how painful some of this stuff has been to sit through.) I've got 2 more days to go too... To top it all off, I've been in sort of a funk so far this week. Nothing specific to point out as the cause. (The killer Latin test I have tonight might be part of it though.) I just feel a little trapped right now. I need a change in my life. I'm not sure exactly what kind of change, just a change. A small one. A radical one. Whatever. Just something. I'm off next week for the Thanksgiving holiday and will get to go visit my sister, Shannon and her family in Missouri. That should help... I say should, but I know from past experience that sometimes going to visit her makes me even more melancholy. It's not that I want her life. She's married and has kids and as much as I love my brother-in-law and my 2 nephews, that's just not where I see my life going, but she's happy. That's what I'm envious of. I know that my current life is not what it should be. There is something else out there for me. I just have to have the balls to go out and find it. Fortune favors the bold. Maybe just selling all my worldly possessions and running away to Europe.... now there's a thought. Of course most people will probably tell you that running away from your problems usually doesn't solve them. They are still there when you get back. Well, maybe I just won't come back. We'll see. I'm rambling. I do that sometimes...

No comments: