Saturday, October 23, 2004

A Don Quixote Kinda Day

Well, I've posted something every day this week so I figured I'd better not break the trend now. It might be bad karma or something and bad karma is definitely something I'd like to avoid right now...

I saw "Bell, Book, and Candle" again tonight. Everyone really should go check it out if they have a chance...


I had a very odd day yesterday. I'm not sure what triggered it, but nothing seemed to work out the way I thought it would. I felt things start to slip out of my control and that's always a little scary for me. There's nothing like a debilitating feeling of helplessness to put a damper on your day. I finally just had to put on the brakes and get the hell away from work. I came home and watched "Smallville" from last Wednesday and basically just took a much needed break from reality. I recently bought Joss Whedon's sci-fi-western series "Firefly" on DVD so I decided I would immerse myself in the Whedonverse for awhile. Awhile turned out to be 8 episodes and about 6 hours later, but it was just what I needed. I went to bed and woke up this morning in a much better place. I have straightened out some stuff in my head and am thinking much more clearly now. I guess Norman Bates was right when he said, "We all go a little mad sometimes." I don't think that is neccesarily a bad thing either. Sometimes you just need to take a walk in the dark in order to reach the light, ya know?

"When all of life seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?" -- Don Quixote - "The Man of La Mancha

No comments: