Friday, July 15, 2005

A Change In The Weather

Thursday turned out to be a great day. (See, I told you I was going to post something happier.) I had two interviews scheduled and before I went, a friend of mine told me to "just be confident" when I went in. Now that should seem like common sense, but I've been a little lacking in the confidence department of late. Still, I decided that he was right. These people don't know what a neurotic mess I am. I can be anyone I want to be. So I decided to approach the day with the general attitude of, "I own this fucking town." And I did. I walked into my first interview with the idea in my head that the job was mine and basically was daring them not to give it to me. The interview was supposed to last 1/2 an hour and instead I ended up talking to the woman for over an hour. It was a great interview, I'm soooo qualified for this position, and I'm feeling pretty good about her offering it to me. Everyone cross your fingers and toes. My second interview went well too but the guy who would be my boss was something of an asshole. I'll still take it if they offer it to me, 'cause it'll pay the bills until I can find something better. The best thing about the second interview was the super cute receptionist who I got to chat with while I waited. His name is Dave and he's really hot. He also asked me out which was very odd given the circumstances, but what the hell? Of course he's a fucking actor (the receptionist thing is his day job). So much for me being attracted to someone not in "the biz." One of the problems with this town is that if I want to go out with someone good-looking then chances are he's going to be an actor. So I gave him my number and told him to give me a call this weekend sometime. We'll see what happens. Did I mention he was hot? I was just having a good karma kinda day and it must have showed. I had time to kill between the two interviews so I just wandered around the Hollywood and Highland complex for a couple of hours. The place is a tourist trap with guys selling maps to the stars homes and stuff like that. The trick is to be able to walk down Hollywood Blvd and not get harrassed by these people. It's all in the attitude. So I put on my sunglasses and basically strutted down the street I like owned it. I was dressed up for my interviews so the tourists kept turning to look at me like I was "someone" and they just couldn't quite figured out who. It was fun. The added bonus to my day came at my favorite coffee shop. "The Coffee Bean" at Hollywood and Highland. I sat down with my mocha, looked up, and there was Orlando Bloom sitting at a table in the corner across from me. He smiled and I smiled back. I didn't go all girly or anything. (Not on the outside anyway. Inside I was hopping up and down and drooling like a lunatic.) He's even cuter in person than he is on screen. So yeah, it was a good day, and I desperately needed a good day. It made me feel like I'm getting control of my life back.... On a sidenote this is also the anniversary of this blog. There were some gaps along the way, but basically it's been going strong for a year now. I picked a fucked up year to start chronicling my life. Still, it's made for some good reading. Let's hope the next 365 days are equally as interesting, but maybe slightly less traumatic. Thank you to all my devoted readers out there. I hope you're enjoying the ride...

"Life is easy to chronicle, but bewildering to practice." -- E. M. Forster

PS - To my favorite actor out there - "Break a leg" this afternoon. I know you will be your usual charismatic and amazing self. I'm sure they'll love you. How could they not? :)

1 comment:

Shan said...

YUMMY!!! Good luck on the jobs, I hope you get the one you want. What would you be doing?