Saturday, February 12, 2005

Is There A Problem, Officer?

Saturday proved to be as strange a day as I thought it was going to be. I was trying to function on about 4 hours of sleep and I'm just not effective when I'm that tired. The whole day just went by in kinda of a haze. I drove out to Conyers to get feed for my horse. On my way back from there to the barn I got pulled over for speeding. I have never gotten a speeding ticket in my life, but this one would have totally been justified. I was doing 71 in a 55. I never even saw the guy. So he pulled me over and we chatted and he noticed the horse feed in the back of my truck and I told him I was headed to the barn. Actually, what he specifically asked me was where I was going in such a hurry and I told him, "I had a crappy week at work and I'm headed to the barn to hug my horse and forget about work for a few hours." I haven't a fucking clue as to why I would say something like that to a police officer. I apparently had lost my mind. Anyway, I don't know what it was about that comment that put me over the edge, but I did the total chick thing and literally burst into tears. I blame it on sleep deprivation. I had been fine and had just resigned myself to getting a ticket. I depise women who try and cry their way out of tickets. So you got caught. Big fucking deal. Just accept your fate and move on. I guess I was overly emotional due to my lack of sleep or something. It was not an act. I can't just cry on queue. I'm not that good an actress. I don't know, but I did it... and it fucking worked. He let me off with a warning. Un-freakin-believable... But wait. The story gets better. So I'm headed home on Saturday night and am driving down 10th Street and some Suburbanite in front of me decides at the very last second that she absoultely MUST turn left onto Peachtree. About the time she made that decision the light in the intersection turned yellow. Well, I was not going to wait for another cycle of the light and so I gunned it and barrelled on through. Stupid. I know. The light when I went through was so yellow it was red. And (of course) there was a cop sitting right there to watch me do it. Pulled over twice in a day. I'm a regular fucking menace to society :) I'm happy to report that I did not humiliate myself again by crying my way out of that one. I did however get off with just another warning. I soooo deserved both tickets. I'm leading a charmed life in that respect... Nothing else exciting to report. The weather today is supposed to be ugly so I have no major plans. I'm going to sleep late, color my hair, play some EQ, and try to get to a movie. A nice lazy Sunday. I need more days like that in my life...

"Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow." -- Johnny Depp - "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"

No comments: