Wednesday, February 09, 2005

ButIDontWannaGo!

Work seems to think I want to travel. With a little advance warning I might be amenable to that idea, but they want me to go next week. That's kinda short notice, don't you think? It's just to Asheville again, but I soooo don't want to go. The week after that they want me to go to the booming metropolis of Bartlesville, Oklahoma. That wouldn't be so bad. It's only like an hour and 1/2 from my sister's place in Missouri, so I could turn it into a mini-vacation, but my sister and her family are going to be skiing in Colorado that week. Talk about crappy fucking timing. So now I'm just annoyed that I have to go at all. I am not motivated to go to the middle of fucking nowhere to be a cheerleader for a cause I don't really believe in anymore. Unfortunately, I haven't come up with a good way to get out of it yet. I'm open to suggestions. At this point I'm truly hoping to be abducted by aliens. At least then there would potentially be probing involved ;) Don't get me wrong, I LOVE to travel. I'm the first one to hop in the car for a road trip or book a flight to just about anywhere, but it has to be for a good cause. Something fun. Fun is the best cause there is and I'm always looking for a new adventure down some unknown road. Anybody want to go to Vegas and play some poker? NYC to see a play? Amsterdam to drink some absinthe? I'm there baby! I feel the world out there calling to me. I just don't think it's truly calling to me from Oklahoma, ya know?

"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move." - Robert Louis Stevenson

No comments: