Friday, January 21, 2005

Scary Playboy Bunnies

Recently a lot of my blogs seem to have been following a trend that goes something like this, "See, I've got this friend..." I must say, my friends seem to keep my life interesting. Apparently turn about is fair play and it was my turn to add a little drama to someone else's life. (Before going further, make sure you read my blog from yesterday. Things will be much clearer if you do.) So anyway, I skipped out of work for lunch yesterday afternoon and when I got back I had an AIM message from a friend of mine that said, "So, what certain specific people are you thinking about licking in certain specific places?" He had then signed off so I couldn't write him back. It was actually kinda funny because I had mentioned to another friend of mine that I had been good and refrained from mentioning exactly who and what I had been thinking about licking when I posted that. (Actually, there were a couple of people and places I had in mind, but I digress, and I'm not one to kiss [or lick] and tell ;) Well, I got home from work and logged into AIM and saw that my friend was online again and so I responded to his message from earlier. My response may have been a bit... ummm.... "racy." It was probably not the best thing to message a guy that I'm not sleeping with (and never have for that matter), but we flirt a lot and honestly it was meant in jest. That would have been all fine and good had it actually been my friend who was on the other end of the message. It wasn't. It was his girlfriend. She was seriously NOT amused. I apologized and tried to explain that there was nothing going on and that I was just kidding around, but she didn't seem to be buying that and ultimately I just logged out of AIM. About 15 minutes later my friend called. He wasn't angry with me. He seemed more annoyed that his GF had logged onto his computer, but it was still awkward. He said he doesn't blame her for being mad at him about it. (Apparently its an on-again-off-again kinda thing with her and he has given her plenty of reason not to trust him in the past.) Still, I feel bad that I sorta got him into trouble. It really was innocent flirting. We do it all the time. Now I have to play nice and not message him for awhile. He said he'll message me. (We even have a secret code phrase so I'll know it's really him. It's like being in the Justice League or something :) But how stupid is that? How the fuck do I end up in situations like this? This is why it sucks when most of your friends are guys. Eventually girlfriends always seem to come into play and most of them don't seem to have a sense of humor when it comes to other women playing around with their men. Go figure. I'm not a bad person. I'm not looking to sleep with this guy. We're just friends and there isn't a chance in hell that it would ever be more than that. His current girlfriend is a fucking Playboy Playmate. I couldn't compete with that if I wanted to. How has my life become so fucking strange? Can someone explain this to me? Please. I really want to know...

"You really should figure out why the only real estate that ever seems to interest you is located at the base of an active volcano. " -- Michael Lutin

No comments: