Friday, January 14, 2005

Sales Rats

"About a Boy" is one of my favorite films so I was pretty psyched to see Paul Weitz' newest movie, "In Good Company." It has a good cast. Dennis Quaid, Topher Grace, and Scarlett Johansson are all very talented. I have mixed feelings about how this film turned out. Overall I'd have to say I liked it. The script was a little weak and went for some cheap laughs. It also took awhile to get going and had some slow spots throughout, but parts of it were very, very good. Topher Grace in particular was outstanding. This kid is a really good fucking actor. I hope we continue to see more of him on the big screen. (Of course I can't watch him now - especially in this film - without picturing his scene in "Ocean's Twelve.") I will say that I'm glad I had passes for this movie. I'm not sure that I would have been thrilled if I had paid to see it. So there it is. Not a glowing review I know. I did like it. I just didn't like it as much as I had hoped I would.

"You're really jumpy. What happened? Did you switch from mochas to crack?" -- Dennis Quaid - "In Good Company"

No comments: