Thursday, November 04, 2004

Run Away, Run Away

I don't dislike living in Atlanta. True, it doesn't compare to NYC or LA or London or San Fran, but it's not a bad city as far as cities go. There are plenty of things to do and we get pretty much any movie that hits the screen (which as you all know is a big plus in my book), but I'm sooooo over living here right now. In fact I think there's a movie coming out shortly about my life here over the last few months.... something about "A Series of Unfortunate Events." Some things have been really good and I wouldn't change them for anything in the world, but overall, not a great summer and early fall for this girl. So, I'm going to rant a little just to get it out in the open. Maybe that'll help lift the dark mojo. Here's something resembling a list. To start with, both of my horses managed to get hurt. They're fine now, but dealing with leg injuries on horses is always a nightmare.... A couple of weeks ago I got mugged. I was fine and they didn't get anything important, but it was still scary and even thinking about it now pisses me off. I am a fighter by nature. I am not good at being a victim... On Labor Day weekend, my truck got rammed into and I'm still fighting with the fucking insurance company about it. Today I come to find out the adjustor that was handling my case got himself fired (which doesn't surprise me, the man was an idiot) so now I have to basically start all over. Grrrr, Argh. To top everything off I went out to my truck this morning and someone had broken into it it. I never lock my truck anymore because I'm sick and fucking tired of having to replace smashed windows so now I just don't leave anything valuable inside. If they feel they must peruse my crappy collection of mix tapes, let them. It still sucks going out to your car on a rainy morning and finding out someone went through your stuff.... There's more I could bitch about, but those are the highlights. We won't even get into the fact that the narrow-minded morons of this state voted overwhelmingly for an amendment banning gay marriage. That's a blog for another day.... I guess I just need a change. I've become complacent and bored with my current life. There's has to be something better out there....

There must be some kind of way out of here
Said the joker to the thief
There’s too much confusion
I can’t get no relief
Businessman they drink my wine
Plow men dig my earth
None will level on the line
Nobody of it is worth

- "All Along the Watchtower" - Jimi Hendrix

No comments: