Tuesday, September 07, 2004

A Whole Lotta Rainin' Going On

Well, late last night (former hurricane) Frances came to town. It seems that she likes the ATL so much that she's going to hang out for a couple of days. I'm thinking this would be a damn good time to be at home asleep, but alas, I had to brave the disfuntional traffic lights and swim on in to work. There was about 6 inches of water in the bed of my truck this morning and looking at the wunderground radar, it looks like there is a lot more on the way. Fun for us. Still, I guess it could be worse. We could be in Florida recovering from Charley and Frances and with Ivan the Terrbile barrelling down on us...

I had sort of a schizophrenic holiday weekend. All-in-all it was pretty good. The weather was awesome on Sat and Sun and Rain and I got some good riding time in... Then there was Sunday afternoon which went from bad to worse as it progressed. The highlight was definitely the moron from South Carolina who thought that 75/85 South would be a great place to play bumper cars with me at about 65 miles an hour. My poor truck has a big ass dent in the side of it now :(

So, that's it for now. I guess just batten down the hatches and have some coffee and it'll all be ok...

No comments: