Thursday, September 30, 2004

Escalator Hallucinations

I'm not trying to scare the straights, but I think I'm seeing things. I guess that's better than hearing voices in my head (they've been fairly quiet lately), but still not particularly comforting... Here's the story... I was at Target last night and there was this creepy little girl riding the escalator. She looked to be about 6 and honestly looked liked she had just stepped out of the "Village of the Damned" movie; right down to the white-blonde hair and the eerie, bright blue eyes. She had no parental supervision that I could see and she just kept riding the escalator, up-and-down, up-and-down, over and over again. It was very odd. At one point I passed her on the escalator and in my head I thought, "That is one seriously creepy kid." Just as I thought that, she looked right at me and smiled this disturbing smile like she knew damn well what I was thinking. It really freaked me out a little. Anyway, the more I thought about it, the more I'm questioning wether or not she was actually there. Maybe they built that Target over an old Indian graveyard or this kid died in a freak escalator accident or something and is now haunting the place. Maybe I've just seen too many movies... I'm sure I'll need to go by Target at some point this weekend. Hopefully, she'll be gone, but if she's not... Well, I guess I'll jump off that bridge if I come to it.

No comments: