Thursday, July 15, 2004

Poetry Slam

Anyone up for a little poetry? No? Well, too bad. That's what I'm in the mood to post today, so poetry it is... Wow, I can do anything I want here on the blog. It's sorta like ruling my own little country. I feel a power trip coming on. What is it they say about ultimate power ;)

California Dreaming

Every time I come back here
I remember why I left.
The happy press of the
bubble-headed masses does nothing
but distract me from my Kerouac-ian journey.
God, I miss this place.
My soul is here, no matter how many times
I say it isn’t so.
What the hell am I thinking?
What the hell am I saying?
God, I hate this place.
Love?
Hate?
Out here on the fault-line
of my life they look pretty much the same.
I don’t want to leave,
but at the same time
I can’t get away
soon enough.
I think the sun has finally fried my brain.
Yeah, that’s the explanation.
It must be.
Why else would I be here again?
Dig the Shake
Rattle
and Roll, baby…

No comments: