Sunday, September 20, 2009

Boris Goes to Hell

I am constantly on the look out for new projects that allow me to flex my creativity a bit. I write. I take pictures. I draw. I have however, never been much of a painter. Recently though I was introduced to the wonderful world of vinyl toys by artist Nathan Hamill. He and fellow artist Denis Vasquez inspired me to try my hand at customizing and I decided to make my first attempt on one of Nathan's adorable "Boris" vinyls. Here's the photo record of that journey.

Boris, prior to being subjected to my artistic whims :)



Boris after his dip in the red paint pool:



He then got some black stripes:





Demon Boris gets his wings:







My trio of Borii:



The process was a lot of fun and I look forward to customizing some more figures. Next up I'm thinking that Demon Boris needs an Angel Boris to go with him :)

1 comment:

Nathan Hamill said...

I'd love to see an Angel Boris.