Sunday, November 16, 2008

Smoke Gets In Your Eyes

So for those of you who may have not seen the news, a large chunk of Southern California is on fire... again. This time it is north of the city about 20 miles (sorta up where I lived when I first moved out). The fire has destroyed 100's of homes and 1,000's of acres and is still ragin out of control. Even this far south there is a thick blue haze hanging over the city and it smells like everyone decided to grill out at the same time. My eyes are watering (even indoors), my car is covered in a fine layer of ash, and to make matters worse it's about 90 degrees out there today. You can feel the air/smoke pressing down on you when you go outside. Ick. I took Vala to the dog park this morning and you could see the smoke rolling in over the hills. It's very unsettling. Hopefully the winds will die down and the firefighters will get a handle on it soon.

No comments: