Sunday, November 28, 2004

A Long Day's Journey Into Night

I'm back in Atlanta. Can't say I'm glad. My time off was definitely not long enough. I need at least another week. No such luck. I am glad that the actual travel part of my vacation is over though. The trip home was basically an all day affair. It's a 2 hour drive from Joplin to the Tulsa airport, then we hung out at said airport for a couple of hours. (My mom and step-dad are worst case scenario travellers. We always leave for the airport way sooner then we need to.) Try as we might we could not get on a non-stop flight from Tulsa to Atlanta so that meant a pitstop in the black hole that is the Dallas-Fort Worth Airport. I recommend avoiding DFW at all costs. It's just a horrible airport to have to navigate through. Then it's an hour and ½ flight from DFW back to ATL. We left Joplin at around 11 AM and I got home shortly after midnight. It was just a long fucking day. So no major plans for today. Go check on the horses. Maybe hit a movie. We'll just see how the day goes. Tomorrow it's back to work :P That whole running away to Europe thing keeps looking better and better....

"
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can.
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way,
Where many paths and errands meet,
And whither then? I cannot say."

-- JRR Tolkein - "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring"

No comments: