Thursday, August 12, 2004

You're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat

Ok, so I have not had the motivation to write about my New York trip. That's not to say that it wasn't awesome, 'cause it was. I honestly just don't think I could do it justice from where I am right now. Go check out Lindy's account for the scoop:

http://gravityworks.blogspot.com/

On a different topic, I saw "Open Water" tonight. It was disturbing and not at all what I expected... I'm not sure exactly what I was expecting, but this wasn't it. It was a good film, very documentary-like, with an unexpected ending. I was talking to Steev today and said that just once, I'd like to go see a shark movie, where the sharks win. Well, what do you know? I actually got my wish. :)

I've seen nothing else since "Garden State" and "Donnie Darko" while I was in NYC, so this weekend will be a catch up one. Tentatively on the agenda are "The Village," "Collateral," "The Princess Diaries 2," "A Home at the End of the World," and "Garden State" for the third time. It's an optimistic list, to be sure, but it's doable. "Collateral" is definitely the one at the top of the list though.

So, that's it for now. I will try to come up with something more exciting to write next week. I'm just in sort of a "funk" right now... call it existential writer's block or something...

No comments: